Our head chef James is a creative and experienced professional chef. He’s worked many winter seasons for some of the best luxury chalet companies in the Alps and we’re delighted to welcome him to the Chalet Fourmiliere team this year. James’ culinary career began at London’s 5* Four Seasons Hotel, where he progressed quickly through the ranks under a stream of expert mentors. At two-Michelin-starred Gidleigh Park Hotel James developed his organisation skills before moving into event catering and subsequently winter season roles in Meribel, Courchevel and St Martin de Belleville.
Our guests will enjoy James’ refined yet relaxed style of food, his approachable nature and if you’ve booked an exclusive-use stay at Chalet Fourmiliere, your holiday begins with with an opportunity to plan your own menu according to the tastes and dietary requirements of your group.
During your stay with us, you’ll enjoy…
- Breakfast, including a daily cooked option (available between 08:00 and 09:30) on five mornings. Continental breakfast is available on the remaining two mornings.
- Afternoon tea available between 16:30 and 17:30 on five afternoons.
- Canapés, followed by a four-course evening meal to include entrée, main course, dessert and cheese, accompanied by a selection of wine and followed by tea or coffee on five evenings during your stay. French night with Fondue can be served on one night if desired. High tea for younger guests is available on five evenings.
- All house spirits, beer, wine, (subject to fair use policy), mixers, soft drinks, tea and coffee. Alcoholic beverages are served from 4pm until the end of dinner service.
- Additional alcoholic drinks can be made available at extra cost.
- Full house bar with your favourite spirits plus one of the best gin collections in the Alps
- Selection of soft drinks, teas, tisanes and Nespresso Coffee Machine for you to help yourself
- Sweetie and biscuit jar for sugar hits at any time
- Provisions for the slopes e.g. water, snacks, chocolate, hip flasks, tissues, hand warmers…
Sample Menu 1
Air bread, Cheddar mousse, thinly cut steak
Fried Cannelloni of potato string, red pepper, and sweet potato mousse, piment d’espelette
Salt baked beetroot, Beetroot macaroons with goat’s cheese mousse, Yuzu smoked goats’ cheese, Beetroot meringue, Nasturtium and a citrus balsamic glaze
Lavender honey roasted duck breast, Compressed Peach, Peach Confit, Citrus poached fennel, Fennel and potato puree, Citrus duck jus
Apple mousse with mint, lime compressed apple jelly, Cocoa butter shell, Green apple sorbet and a lime crumble
Choice of three local cheeses, grapes, celery, fig chutney, quince jam and crackers
Rose Pate De Fruit